Home Miami dolphins Flores trial: Strong response from Stephen Ross and former Miami Dolphins player

Flores trial: Strong response from Stephen Ross and former Miami Dolphins player

0

In a forceful statement released shortly before midnight Wednesday, Miami Dolphins owner Stephen Ross denied allegations that he offered former head coach Brian Flores a $100,000 bonus for every loss this season. 2019.

“With respect to the allegations made by Brian Flores, I am a man of honor and integrity and cannot leave them unaddressed,” Ross’ statement read. “I personally oppose these malicious attacks, and the truth must be known. His allegations are false, malicious and defamatory.

“We understand that there are media reports indicating that the NFL intends to investigate his allegations, and we will cooperate fully. I welcome this investigation and look forward to defending my personal integrity, as well as the integrity and values ​​of the entire Miami Dolphins organization, from these baseless, unfair and derogatory assertions.

Flores’ allegations were included in the 58-page lawsuit he filed Tuesday against the NFL, Dolphins, Giants, Broncos and John Doe 1-29 teams alleging systemic racism in related league hiring practices. head coaches, coordinators and general managers.

Flores also alleged that Ross wanted him to sign a pending free agent (Tom Brady) still under contract with another team, but that allegation pales in comparison to the suggestion that Ross was trying to induce him to lose.

The allegation could have serious consequences for Ross, including possibly being forced to sell the team, if Flores can prove them. NFL Network’s Cameron Wolfe reported Wednesday that he spoke to a witness who claimed to have heard Ross make the offer and Flores’ attorney Douglas Wigdor told CNN his side had “corroborating evidence” to back up the claims. Flores claims.

If the allegation of Ross’ offer to throw games is false, the Dolphins owner would certainly have grounds for a defamation suit.

After Flores filed a lawsuit on Tuesday, the Dolphins released a statement, but it didn’t address the money-offer allegations for the losses.

“We are aware of the trial through media reports released this afternoon,” the statement said. “We vehemently deny any allegations of racial discrimination and are proud of the diversity and inclusion within our organization. The implication that we have acted in a manner inconsistent with the integrity of the game is incorrect. We will withhold any other comments on the lawsuit at this time.”

STRONG REACTION FROM FORMER DOLPHINS PLAYER

One of the many veterans purged by the Dolphins this 2019 season was longtime snapper John Denney, who had been on the team since 2005, and he was replaced by Taybor Pepper.

Now with the San Francisco 49ers, Pepper posted some very strong comments on Twitter regarding this 2019 season (his only with the Dolphins) before deleting the posts.

Pepper’s tweets came in response to Wolfe’s tweet about talking to a witness who said he heard Ross offer Flores $100,000 for every loss this 2019 season.

“Finding out that this was possibly happening while I was playing there just makes me absolutely sick,” Pepper wrote. “2019 was the worst year of my entire life. I NEVER thought of quitting football until this season in Miami. I have been filled with rage ever since I learned of this.”

Pepper screenshot 1

Pepper was released by the Dolphins ahead of the 2020 season after selecting long snapper Blake Ferguson in the sixth round of that 2020 draft.

Pepper explained the reason he deleted his tweets.