2K set a start time for PGA Tour 2K23the next entry in HB Studios’ golf simulation video game franchise.
With PGA TOUR icon and all-time sports great Tiger Woods as the cover athlete, PGA Tour 2K23 celebrates Woods’ legacy by showcasing him both as a playable pro in the game and as an executive director advising the game’s development team.
Woods leads a roster of over 14 male and female pros at launch (additional pros and courses will be added as free downloadable content after launch and will be available to all players) including Justin Thomas, Lexi Thompson, Tony Finau, Lydia Ko, Collin Morikawa, Will Zalatoris, Brooke Henderson and many more. Players can enter the tee box as one of the pros in Exhibition, Multiplayer and Divot Derby play, or compete against them in a battle to climb the leaderboard and win the FedExCup in PGA TOUR MyCAREER mode. As well as the pros, the broadcast-style presentation and commentary team of Rich Beem and Luke Elvy also return, with the addition of English golf pro and broadcaster Henni Koyack.
2K revealed details about customizing MyPlayer and MyCareer in PGA Tour 2K23where players will start on the Korn Ferry Tour and progress to PGA Tour pro status, taking on some of the toughest and most popular courses in pursuit of FedExCup glory.
Welcome to the ranking PGA Tour 2K23 My career
A place at the top of the leaderboard and plenty of customization options await amateurs and pros alike in the PGA Tour 2K23 My career. Players will create a unique MyPlayer, start on the Korn Ferry Tour and progress to PGA Tour pro status, taking on Tiger Woods, Justin Thomas, Lexi Thompson, Lydia Ko, Collin Morikawa, Brooke Henderson and Tony Finau. on some of the toughest and most popular courses in pursuit of FedExCup glory.
MyPlayer customization is deeper than ever, with new player archetypes and skill trees. Players choose the style that suits them best, from power hitter to short game expert. The Custom Club Fit allows for an additional degree of customization, allowing for unique combinations of club attributes. Other franchise firsts include a variety of caddies that appear alongside MyPlayers, unique golf ball colors and designs, and even more popular branded apparel and equipment from brands such as adidas, Bridgestone Golf, Callaway Golf, FootJoy, Mizuno, Nike Golf, PUMA, Titleist, TravisMathew, and many more.
In addition to customization options, professional rivalries and sponsorship opportunities add to the realism of MyCareer. A broadcast-style presentation and commentary team of Rich Beem, Luke Elvy and newcomer Henni Koyack further add to the immersive experience and provide a real taste of a real PGA TOUR career.
PGA Tour 2K23 will include 20 licensed courses at launch. New additions include the South Course of Wilmington Country Club, Renaissance Club, St. George’s Golf and Country Club and more. The industry-leading course designer also returns, giving players the ability to create their dream courses and share them with a global online community.
MyPLAYER customization returns and players can outfit their MyPLAYERS, just like Tiger, with Nike Golf, TaylorMade and Bridgestone Golf apparel and equipment. Even more apparel options are available from licensed brands including Callaway Golf, FootJoy, Malbon Golf, Nike Golf, PUMA, Titleist, TravisMathew and more (some cosmetic and consumable items may require unlocking with virtual currency (won or paid) or through the game). Clubs and balls from brands such as Bridgestone Golf, Callaway Golf, COBRA, Mizuno, Odyssey Golf, Scotty Cameron, TaylorMade, Titleist and Wilson are available to dress up players’ golf bags and keep them moving. In addition to the analog stick swing back, a three-click swing option is also available for an extra level of customization so players can play the way they want.
PGA Tour 2K23 features new casual modes to help beginners get into the game, while providing seasoned players with new challenges and opportunities to work on their skills. The introduction of Topgolf offers a unique experience mimicking the popular golf entertainment phenomenon, where players can aim for targets and try to earn the highest score. Practice mode offers several ways to develop skills, including swing calibration, lessons, chipping practice, a driving range and putting green.
Online multiplayer features (cross-gen but not cross-platform) also return for PGA Tour 2K23. Online companies encourage players to team up with friends for custom tournaments and full seasons, while Clubhouse Pass will provide post-launch content and goals for players to enjoy in the future. The Clubhouse Pass is available in three tiers: Free, Premium ($9.99/season), and Premium+ ($19.99/season). PGA Tour 2K23 necessary to read the content. More details to follow.
The game will be available in several editions, each with a unique cover featuring painted portraits of Tiger Woods:
PGA Tour 2K23 Standard Edition:
- Physical and digital versions for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, and PS5 consoles include the base game;
- For PC, includes the base game and the Gold Club Packwhich includes a Golden Putter, a Golden Driver, and four unusual consumable golf ball sleeves;
- Players who pre-order any version of the Standard Edition will receive the Michael Jordan bonus packwhich includes playable sports icon Michael Jordan, as well as four Common consumable golf ball sleeves;
- Players who purchase the standard edition of the game for the Xbox Series X|S consoles (physical or digital version) or PS5 (digital version only) that includes cross-generational dual entitlement will also receive the Gold Club Pack for play on Xbox One or PS4, respectively.
PGA Tour 2K23 Deluxe Edition:
- For Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PS4, or PS5 consoles, includes base game with cross-generational dual entitlement, plus Michael Jordan bonus pack, Gold Club Pack, and Deluxe Edition Bonus Packwhich includes 1300 VC (virtual currency), a hockey stick putter, a gold baseball cap, a gold glove, and three rare consumable golf ball sleeves;
- For PC, includes the base game, plus the Michael Jordan bonus pack, Gold Club Pack, and Deluxe Edition Bonus Pack.
PGA Tour 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition (only available in digital format):
- Includes all content from Standard and deluxe edition for the purchased platform;
- Includes the Tiger Woods Edition Bonus Pack – which includes a set of Tiger Woods TaylorMade wedges, a Nike TW Golf tee and three Epic consumable golf ball sleeves – plus the Tiger Woods Signature Sunday Packwhich includes a red polo shirt, black pants, a black hat, Nike TW Golf shoes, a Nike TW Golf belt and a Bridgestone Golf TOUR B XS, Tiger Edition golf ball.
The Michael Jordan Bonus Pack is available as a pre-order bonus for PGA Tour 2K23 Standard Edition until October 13, 2022 at 11:59 p.m. local time and will be available for purchase after launch. Digital Pre-Orders: The Michael Jordan Bonus Pack will be delivered via game at launch. Physical Pre-Orders: Pre-order to guarantee access to the Michael Jordan Bonus Pack which will be delivered via an in-box code for use in-game. Conditions apply. The Michael Jordan bonus pack is included with PGA Tour 2K23 Deluxe Edition and PGA Tour 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition (digital only).
PGA Tour 2K23 Deluxe Edition and PGA Tour 2K23 Tiger Woods Edition are slated for worldwide release on Tuesday, October 11, 2022, followed by PGA Tour 2K23 Standard Edition Friday, October 14, 2022.
PGA Tour 2K23rated E for all, will be available on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, PS5, PS4 and PC (Steam) on October 14, 2022.
More articles on PGA Tour 2K23